Thursday, August 17, 2017

And More Sharing

As I mentioned, "issues" with Facebook.

Jacquie posted something beautifully written expressing some of what I, and many others, have been worried about.  She said I could share her thoughts here.

"I don't usually post a whole lot of words, but I felt the need to comment. I don't need to dig in to alt-left, alt-right, alt-middle, whatever. Frankly it ratchets my anxiety level sky high.
Everybody is entitled to freedom of speech and the right to assemble. Whether hate speech is protected continues to be debated (I know because I just finished a very difficult Constitutional law class.) A majority of my family has fought for those rights.
What I do know is there were students present in Charlottesville, at UVA. They were out, abhorred that their beloved school was being marched upon. I'm positive if my Jordan was there she would have been out there. I know the hospital was on lockdown, with hundreds of staff embedded for the duration. Families who couldn't be at their loved one's bedside. I know a mother lost her daughter.
The broader problem is a society that has devolved to a point where they feel they can make a statement with violence and death, instead of dialogue and compassion. It makes me afraid for the future and the safety of my children. I don't know how to fix it. But as a mother, I will just say: knock it off. Everyone is someone's child."

Well said. Stay safe and God Bless America.  If ever there's been a time for His Blessings, it is now.

No comments: