Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Better Weather on Weekend and Chores Done!

You certainly can't tell by today's weather, but the past weekend was beautiful - 70's, sunny, a little lower humidity.  Today is low 70's and pouring down rain and very windy.  This all started late last night and is supposed to continue all day.  There will definitely need to be yard clean-up later.  Stuff is falling down in the yard all over the place!

But back to the weekend . . . . .

I had some outside chores on my "list".  Saturday I went out early and scrubbed the mailbox and post. That led to a major spraying to get rid of an ant swarm I disturbed.  Then I re-cleaned and basically started over.  Did some sanding and then let it all just dry until after the mail came.  Then I removed the hardware and gave it the first coat of paint.  Came inside and cleaned the floors and then went out and gave it all the second coat of paint.  In the evening I got it all put back together.  Turned out pretty good!


Sunday was spent trimming the small shrubs in front of the porch - the ones that we had been told would stay small and not need trimming.  They look better.  Someone has been eating the liriope out there though and had completely eaten the middle plant down to the ground and started on the next one.  It is too late in the year to plant another one and I am hoping it will come back.  For some reason when there is nibbling out there, it has always been the middle one!  I sprayed them all again with the "Stay Away" stuff.  But it looked odd with the empty spot in the middle so I moved the potted marigold and the flag around.  Looks good for now.  There was a lot of clean-up to do in this project after the trimming and turning of mulch.  But Yay!  It's done!



Since I had been watching the weather forecasts, I spent some of yesterday doing a few errands and getting groceries.  I hate doing that in the rain!  We are in for the day here.  I have some desk work to do and a road trip collage to start on.

Stay safe and God Bless America!


No comments: