Friday, August 11, 2017

BUSY Around Here This Morning!!!!!

So, it is Friday and that is a regular golf day for Les.  And a regular Starbucks day for us both.  He stops on his way to the course.  I go when I am ready.  Since Angus gave me one of his wake-up calls about 4:45, I was ready shortly after Les. :)  BTW, Angus is very sweet with his wake-ups.  He comes up and sits by our shoulders and gently pats us until we respond.  If we ignore him, he goes back to the foot of the bed and waits awhile.  It's sort of like a kitty snooze button.

We have a service call scheduled for this morning between 9:00 and noon for our dryer and I had a few things to do to get ready.  Mostly just moving some things out of the way. Got that done and then  I did some of the usual morning stuff and left.

I got my coffee and came home, got all settled in front of the Today Show with my breakfast, coffee, and paper.  And then the phone rang.  It was just a few minutes after 7:00.  I thought wow, the dryer guy is early!  No, it was the tree guy we've been talking to wanting to know if they could come at 8:00.  I said sure, I was here, and went back to my coffee.

About five minutes later the phone rang again and the tree men wanted to confirm our address.  The head guy had been here before, but this was a different one driving one of their trucks.  He said he had our info, but his GPS was showing we were in York County, not Newport News.  I guess his GPS is related to the one in Kirk.  :)  I told him we were close to the county line and not to worry we had not moved.

I got back to my coffee and breakfast, thinking I had about forty minutes to finish.  They arrived right before 7:30 and went right to work.  However, that involved me answering the door several times and discussing various things.  One of those things is that our red maple had Armored Scale.  You learn something new every day, people.  That sounds like a skin disease, like from Game of Thrones, but it is a nasty insect that will kill your trees.  The part they were on was already dead and they cut that out.  Said the rest of the trees branches were alive and when the time was right they would come and spray something on the tree and will check it again.

Then in the back yard, they cut down the holly tree, carried it to the mulcher out front, ground everything up, raked and swept and were gone before I knew they were leaving.  The head man called and said they will be back to grind the stump out but the ground has to be firmer to get the grinder back there.  We are still drying out from at least 4 1/2" of rain last weekend.  Oh, and our poor holly tree that we loved was hollow at the base of its trunk.  :(

I hope none of our neighbors were trying to sleep in today.

While that was going on, the phone rang yet again and again I thought it was the dryer guy.  No, this time it was the gutter guys we have been waiting to hear from.  Wanted to know if they could come.  I said sure, come on!  That involved answering the doorbell a couple times, too.

I still have not heard from the dryer guy, but it's still within his time frame.

In between the phone and doorbell, I have managed to finish my coffee and read the paper.  I've tried to work on some desk stuff.  The furry boys have all gone into hiding.  They do not care for all the people and activity.

I know there will be some cleaning up to be done when the dryer guy finishes.

It might have to be a pizza night tonight.

Stay safe and God Bless America!  I have to go cross things off my "list".

No comments: