Friday, August 25, 2017

All of a Sudden, Things Were Done

I was waiting for the dryer service call when I wrote last.  He did show up.  Checked the dryer all over, took the front off and cleaned out the insides although he said there was hardly anything in there.  The dryer was/is fine, but the duct was clogged.  So while he was working I called our duct/vent cleaner guy and he came yesterday.

He worked for while inside and up on the roof where the vent comes out, and said there was no huge block but just a LOT of lint and fuzz.  He got everything cleaned out and then came back today to clean up the fuzz since his blower/vacuum was in his truck and it was in for service.  The dryer is fine now, working much better and is even more quiet.

And our handyman, Steve, called us back about some things we wanted done.  He came over and talked to Les.  This morning Steve's man, Steve - and yes, this gets confusing sometimes - came over and did some work on our shed and a repair on our house siding.

We got a call that our trimmer repair was finished and Les picked it up on the way home from golf this afternoon.

Yesterday Les used the new mower and it worked fine.  :)

I had a dental check-up, x-rays, and cleaning.  All is well, although our dentist says that my teeth are aging.  Well, geez, isn't everything?!  I'll see him again in six months.

I've been catching up on the laundry, cleaning the floors of fuzz, and doing other chores around here.  I've also been doing some sorting and some cleaning out and organizing.

Our weather is a little cooler, only high 70's, low 80's this weekend and I plan to trim the little shrubs in the front and also paint the mailbox.

Life is good!  Got to go now, we are going out to dinner.

Stay safe and God Bless America.

No comments: