Saturday, December 10, 2016

Feeling Better!

Our weather is still going back and forth, but today is bright and sunny.  Of course, it is only 31 degrees outside, but at least it's cheery!

Golfer decided to skip golf due to the temps, so he's been on the computer, reading, and watching the recorded shows I don't care for so much.  And pitching in when I've said I needed help with something.  He has also been the official taste tester for the cookies I've been making, packing up and freezing.

I've been taking care of all the usual stuff, yesterday was Commissary day, and some errands.  I've already been out early today to do a couple errands.  I know how bad the traffic and the crowds in the stores gets, and I don't like it, so I go early.

So, all is well, all is good.

I posted a picture recently of our front decorations.  I took one the other evening with the lights on.  It makes me happy.


While I was out that evening, I looked at some of the other decorations in the neighborhood.  A couple of the neighbors have the projection lights that cast the light and images on the front of the houses.  Pretty.  Others have some of the inflatable decorations.  I miss the family that used to live on the next street that we always called the Griswold's every year.  They went all out and lit up the neighborhood with their decorating.  And then there is this......

At times the string of lights has been hanging down over the garage door opening.   I can only imagine the conversation.

Spouse 1: We HAVE to decorate the house.  I'm doing all the shopping, baking, cards, and decorating inside, you do the outside.   (much grumbling follows)
Later..... Spouse 2:  Okay, it's done!  (followed by much eye rolling)

At least they tried.

Have a great weekend and stay safe!

No comments: