Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Product Review and Public Service Announcement

Anyone who knows me knows that I like to keep a clean and neat house.  In doing so, I vacuum more than the normal amount, or so I’m told.  I also use a hand-vac at least daily to keep the kitty hair under control on the furniture, window treatments, and bedding, and also to clean the cars.  And this is where my issues started.

I had a wonderful Hoover hand-vac with a rotating brush attachment.  I wore it out; needed another one.  Unfortunately, I could not find another anywhere at that time.  So I decided to try the Shark “Pet Perfect II” that I had heard about.  It also had a rotating brush.

This thing was the worst piece of junk I have ever purchased. Period.  I will NEVER buy another Shark product.  (they are now on my “list” with Lenovo products)

I charged it up when I got it and then tried to use it.  The brush attachment kept falling off.  Then after I had recharged the battery only a couple times, it stopped holding a charge.   I called their customer service.  Keep in mind I had only had the thing about a month at that time.  They sent me a new brush attachment and a new battery.

So I charged up the battery and installed the brush.  First time I used it the brush fell off.  Then the first time I recharged the battery, it wouldn’t hold a charge.

So I called them again.  The best they could offer me for this useless piece of junk that wouldn’t work and was only a couple months old was to have me pay about $26 in shipping charges back and forth so they could look at it to see if it could be repaired.  And if not, they would send a reconditioned replacement.  I asked to speak to a manager and was told there was no one available.  I said okay, no thank you.  I was not spending any more money on it.  And I told them I would tell everyone I talked to about their product.  So here we are.  The useless batteries are in the recycle pile and the vacuum is at the bottom of the dumpster.

I did finally find a Hoover hand-vac just like my old one.  It is wonderful!  So, say “Yes” to Hoover and “NO!” to Shark.


Stay safe!

No comments: