Sunday, August 30, 2015

Relaxation!

Well, relaxation after we got all the things attended to and got settled in.  :)   And there have been a lot of those "things" on this trip.  The unloading of the car was easy and the unpacking uneventful.   Getting some groceries for the week went well, too.  We've done this enough that we sort of have a system.

We are in Myrtle Beach for Golfer to play in the World Am Championship.  Over 3,000 players the last I heard.

The drive down was pretty good.  He got registered and picked up his info and goody bag.  Our suite was ready for us when we checked in.  That word "ready" is a moving target.

We've been staying here since about 1997, and have been in pretty much all the various accommodations at Ocean Dunes/Sand Dunes.  Our Tower Suite this time is one we have stayed in before and honestly, it just needs some TLC.  Right off, we discovered burned out light bulbs in both of the bathrooms, a lamp was broken, the coffee maker was broken, the microwave touch panel wasn't working properly and we couldn't turn the light off, and the coffee table was about to fall down with a loose leg.  Well, you know me, I called right away.  Within fifteen minutes a nice young man came with a bag of light bulbs.  Then he fiddled with the lamp and got it working.  The microwave was a puzzle.  He said he'd be back soon.  He was back very quickly with his tools and a helper - who was also puzzled my the microwave light.  It stayed on all  night.   They fixed the table and said someone would be bringing another coffee maker.

So we went to dinner with our friends and when we came back there was another coffee maker here.  Not top of the line and not new, but clean and workable. 

This morning as I was getting ready to go enjoy looking at the ocean waves, I discovered the safe did not work.  This was after a lampshade almost fell off because the finial was missing.  I was still in a good mood and decided to have a chat with someone on my way through the lobby.  I spoke to a very nice young man, Antonio, the manager-on-duty.  I explained we had been staying here since around 1997 and really liked it here.  I wanted him to know I wasn't just someone on a one-time visit who was too picky.  I also explained that we had had to find another location for our May trips because of the stress involving all the upset with the Bikefest during Memorial Day.  He was sorry to hear that, but assured me that that was going to change and we should try it again.  As of January 1st, no bikes will be allowed on the Ocean Dunes/Sand Dunes properties except at the Ocean Club location.  I hope for everyone's sake that is true.  We'll see.  He thanked me for being so responsible and telling him about the issues and said they would be addressed. 

When I returned to the room after exercising in the pool, the microwave light was off and the lampshades were all held on with finials!  And the safe now works!  Life is good!

We're going to Burro Loco for dinner this evening.  For now I am heading out to sit on the balcony.

Stay safe!

No comments: