Saturday, February 28, 2015

So What Have You Been Doing ????

You must understand that here in Virginia, when it snows, or even when the experts think it's going to snow, just about everything stops.  It is not cost effective to have enough equipment to handle snow removal.   Schools close, businesses close, even the military bases cut back.  We're all told to stay off the roads so emergency personnel can get around.

And then we are asked by folks who live in other areas of the country - where snow is handled better and more often - what have you been doing?

Here at our house all of the desk work and filing are done.  Our tax papers are almost ready to be turned in, our RDX is all set up, reading has been done, movies have been watched, recorded shows have been watched.  My latest project was cleaning off our book shelves.  I have a couple bags of books to donate to the library and a bag to turn in at the used paperback store I like.

Thursday I cleaned out our linen closet.  The last time Bikini and I talked she mentioned that if my Mom was here she would be horrified by our linen closet.  Mom would come visit us whenever she could over the years.  And whenever she did, she always tidied up the linen closet.  Everything would be folded all nice and neat and stacked up.  We'd joke about it.  We all miss her.

Anyway, when Bikini was here after my surgery she noticed the closet.  So I finally did something about it!  I have several bags of things to donate.  I had help while I was doing the closet.  And here is Cinder admiring a new hiding space.  She will have to get Angus to teach her how to open the doors so she can get in!


Golfer has shoveled our walk and driveway and we have some deep piles of snow that will be around for weeks.  And as I have said before, we're all ready for Spring!

Stay safe!

No comments: