Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Weather Update

As I said in the previous post, precautions and preparations were made for our snowy weather.  Even though the state of emergency was declared and folks urged to stay in, by the 11:00 p.m. news last night there were hundreds and hundreds of accidents and disabled vehicle reports.

I'm guessing here at our house we might have gotten about six inches of snow.  The top layer of that is a crisp icy layer of frozen sleet.  Golfer went out before breakfast and started cleaning our drive and front walk.  He finished shoveling, sweeping, and putting down salt after breakfast. 

All schools and a lot of businesses are closed.  No papers have been delivered yet. 

I did the usual morning stuff that I always do and also did a load of laundry.  Made Golfer an omelet for breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen.  Right now I'm on my tablet and Golfer is on the computer.  We'll be having a quiet day.

Bikini also had cold, icy weather.  Have not heard from her, but she tweeted that Brief made it in to work okay.  The kids have school break this week.

Have not heard from Nurse J yet this morning.  I hope she doesn't have to go out on any cases for work. 

Right now the sun is out and the wind is calm.  I see the bird feeder has been emptied and I should try to figure out how to get out there to fill it again!

Stay safe!
Taken from our back door

No comments: