Saturday, October 18, 2014

OMG! Another Cobweb!

My eyesight is improving.  The first cataract surgery went well and was so much easier than I had expected.  I had one minor scare on Tuesday when my vision in the upper left quadrant of my left eye went all wonky and flashy.  I immediately called my doctor and was told to come in right away.  You should have heard me trying to explain my symptoms to the check-in tech .  I finally had to draw her a picture.  :)   Anyway, after a full exam by Dr. Kitay, he said he found no retinal injuries, no surgery problems, and no pressure problems.  He said I had experienced an optical migraine.  I have had migraines in the past, but never this.  I had no headache, just the eye issues.  And actually, by the time I saw Dr. Kitay - I had to wait for the dilation drops to take effect - it was better.  He said they usually last less than an hour.  He also told me my vision was almost 20/20 in the left eye and was not done with recovery so there should be even more improvement!  My right eye surgery is scheduled for Wednesday.

So.  I was lying in bed last night waiting for my Nook to boot up.  Just looking around.  There's an air vent in the ceiling above my side of the bed.  I look up there all the time.  Last night I discovered cobwebs.   Never saw them before!  Guess what I'm doing today???

It's a nice Fall day here; a little cooler and the sun is out.  I will be opening windows and tackling some more cleaning.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted some flashy readers.  I found a pair I like!


Stay safe!

No comments: