Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Doing Well

Hey, all!

I had the second cataract surgery last Wednesday.  All went well.  Seems like my right eye is recovering even better than the left one did.  I now am keeping track of the eye drops on two spreadsheets that they gave me and all is going well.  I love not having to wear glasses all the time!

I have some restrictions for a couple weeks.  Things like avoiding dust and dirt, making sure I wear the lovely "goggle/glasses" whenever I am outside, no heavy lifting, no pool, etc.  But I am keeping busy.  There seems to be an endless amount of things I am finding to clean now that my vision is better.  :)

With the knee surgery scheduled for December 1st, I am trying to get all holiday preparations finished.  So far, so good on that.  Shopping is almost done, wrapping is up to date, packages are ready to ship, card list is reviewed, stamps are bought....  I am not anticipating any problems with the surgery or recovery, but I want to be prepared and have things done.

I got outside and did a little yard clean-up yesterday.  There were a few weeds to yank up and some dead stuff to cut back.  Raked up some leaves from the mulched areas.  Felt good to get it done.

We had a little diversion yesterday afternoon when Rico had to go for a minor repair.  I was sitting at the computer killing time until the dryer stopped when Golfer came in and asked me come outside.  Needed me to help locate a noise he was hearing in Rico.  Turned out to be a large bolt stuck in the rear tire.  We had hoped it was just stuck in the tread, but no such luck.  It was really in there.  Golfer took Rico over to the tire shop and they were able to get it out and repair the tire.  Golfer has no idea where that bolt was picked up.

Some leaf color is just starting around here.  It feels like Fall and we've had the heat on and running a few times.  But it's supposed to get up to 80 this afternoon!

Stay safe!



No comments: