Tuesday, June 3, 2014

God's Creatures

I love the ocean and the beach.  I'm not big on sitting out in the sun for more than thirty to sixty minutes, but give me a balcony or shady spot and I'm all set.

I was on our twelfth floor balcony watching the waves one morning.  I saw some brown spots in the water and watched.   There were three large sting rays headed South.  Just waving and floating along, going in and out with the waves.  I was afraid they'd get washed up on the sand, but they stayed out in the water and kept heading South.  A little later one more came along.  I figured he was a straggler or else the one coming along to make sure no one else got lost.

Then I saw a big fish.  From the balcony he looked to be about two feet long.  He was headed North.  I have no idea what he was.  It was nice to see God's creatures in the clear water.

In all the times I've watched the water, this was the first I'd ever seen anything out there!  Our friends who live in Murrells Inlet said they've seen dolphins, and sharks and lots of other things.  I have seen lizards and snakes in the dune grass.  And lots of birds!  On the way home I saw a small alligator taking a stroll on one of the golf courses we passed.

Golfer has an on-going relationship with some squirrels that live on the golf courses.  They really like him to share the crackers he carries along.  Sometimes even helping themselves without asking!

I couldn't get a good picture of the rays from the balcony.  But here's a picture of the fish feeding frenzy at Broadway at the Beach!  I was dropping the food and Golfer took the picture.

Stay safe!

No comments: