Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's Always Something


I had to go have a "chat" with the person in charge at my pain management doctor's office.  I've been taking a new prescription, but it's going to run out before the end of the month when I see him again.   So I called on Friday and left the detailed message for the nurse requesting a refill.  I didn't hear from them but I checked with the pharmacy a couple times.  On Sunday the pharmacist said they would send the office a message.  Still I heard nothing.  So this afternoon I called the pharmacy again and the pharmacist said he had just gotten a message from them saying I needed to call the office.  So I did.  And a chippy person who had the wrong attitude with me said I had to come pick it up!  So I got in the car and went to the office and told them I wanted to speak with whoever was in charge.  They didn't know what to say, but eventually someone called me up to the window and wanted to talk.  I told her I really did not want to have this conversation with her in front of all the other patients.  So we went in a room.  I told her it was poor patient care and bad management to not respond to my message and let me know.  She said she called but I didn't answer. I said there is voice mail.  She said she called my cell phone.  I said there is voice mail.  She said she doesn't leave medical messages on voice mails.  I asked why she didn't leave a message saying to call the office. She looked puzzled, like this was an unheard of idea.  For the record, neither of the phones show any record of any calls.   It ended with her promising to do better and her explanation (excuses) of office reorganization, staff turnover, controlled drug, etc. etc.  Geez.  I dropped the prescription off and came home and called in a couple other refills and will pick it all up tomorrow.  When the pharmacist saw me walking in he yelled "yay, you got it!"  I asked him why this drug is so controlled and he said it's addictive and some people just so nuts for it.  I replied that honestly, it's not doing all that much for me so I don't think we need to worry about that!  And guess what?!  The prescription was actually written last Friday but no one told me!

Remember when we had the landscapers work on the slope and drainage last Fall at the side of our house?  Well, in the recent work of putting mat and stone down around the generator, the guys made ruts and messed up the slope.  The yard is a mess over there.  We've had a lot of rain lately and it's soggy.  Added to that is the neighbor's HVAC unit running and draining non-stop and it's a swamp!  The landscaping boss came yesterday and looked; then sent a message saying there were no ruts and any repair would wait until Fall.  We had wanted to talk to him but he showed up and left without ever letting us know he was here.  Today when Golfer talked to him, he said he didn't know if anyone was home.  Know how you find out??? YOU RING THE DOORBELL!  DUH!  He's coming again tomorrow to take another look.  We really like the lady that has done the planning and such, but we don't know this guy.  I'll keep you all posted.

As my family and friends have heard me say, "I'm just not going to put up with any crap!"  Those days are over.  I now speak up and tell people what I think.  I try to do it a nice way, but sometimes you just want to knock someone in the head.  Know what I mean??

I think someone should hire me to go around and evaluate customer service at businesses.  What do you think??


 Stay safe!

No comments: