Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Sliced Bread!

Yep!  I was listening to NPR again while doing errands.  They are a fount of information.  FYI, if I'm driving Hiro, the Acura, I listen to Elvis radio or Broadway radio. 

Anyway... happy Sunday!  I hope everyone is well.  It's another hot and muggy day here.  Golfer and the guys had early tee times, but he'll be hot and tired when he gets home.  I've done all the usual morning stuff around here and then a few extras.  And went out to do a couple errands.

The garden center was busy.  But it seems like this is not prime time to get geraniums.  They only had a few and they all needed some TLC, but they were on sale!  So I managed to find two the same shade of red and will be going out soon to trim, pot, fertilize and talk nice to them.   Then the sleigh gets another coat of paint!

I got to have CutieGirl yesterday afternoon while the rest of her family went to a movie.  We had a good time once we got past me trimming her fingernails!  She was not happy about that.  I told her that her mommy made me do it.  I eventually got a smile and then she slept for 2 1/2 hours!  But what a sweetie!  BeyB is having a good summer so far.  She's thrilled because one of the books on her Summer reading list is available on audio book.  We all told her she still has to read it.  Her PaPa says it's not a Summer Listening List!  She just smiles.

So I saw a couple amusing bumper stickers while I was out.  I was sitting behind a plumbing company truck and their sticker said "Plumbers on Doody".  That cracked me up.  Then I was was behind someone obviously going to the beach.  It was a Jeep with a cooler and large plastic containers strapped on the back.  The containers were covered with stickers.  One had the logo for hurricane.  You know, the little swirly looking thing?  It said "Hurricane evacuation plan:  1. Grab beer  2. Run like hell"  That was also amusing.

Golfer and I have started watching a new show, "King and Maxwell".  It's really good.  Watch it if you get a chance.  It's on TNT.  

While writing about our trip to Fort Lewis Lodge, I don't think I mentioned "Buz and Ned's".  Ever since we came to Virginia I have said that Pierce's barbecue was the best ever.  I'm sorry Pierce's, I have another favorite now.  (not that they care)  Golfer and I stopped in Richmond on the way to the Lodge.  He had heard about "Buz and Ned's" from a golf buddy I think.  OMG!  It looks like a little "hole in the wall" place, and isn't very big, but they have some outside seating and the food was absolutely wonderful.  We had the barbecue plates and there was a large delicious sandwich, great potato salad, and really good baked beans.  And they have fresh lemonade!  So if you are in Richmond, look them up!

And speaking of the Lodge.  I miss the bullfrog chorus!  Here's a picture of their pond.
I took this from the deck outside the small bar.  To the left and up a hill was our cabin, so we were pretty close to the chorus!


I'd better get to the flowers now.  Stay safe!

No comments: