Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Been a Busy Day!

It's been hot - almost 90 - and extremely humid here today.  Golfer was looking pretty droopy when he got home from playing golf this afternoon.

The landscaping guys worked hard and kept at it.  They finished this afternoon.  It looks really nice.  While they were working outside, I did a bunch of little jobs inside.  You know, the kind that need to be done but you always think can wait a while longer so you put them off?  But I am in the mode right now to get things done, so I did!

I finished refinishing an old wooden chair that I bought at an estate sale when I went with NurseJ  several months ago.  It is now drying on the porch and will soon have a large pot of red geraniums on it.  So will the other antique chair out there.

Here are a couple pictures.

These are views of the "new" front.  The chair on the left is the one I just refreshed.  The new shrubs are  Bordeaux Holly.  The plants are variegated liriope.  We plan to remove the stones from around the tree as suggested by the landscaper.  Then everything will match.

This is what they did with the problem area around the generator.  And I was mistaken - this is Chalet stone, not River Rocks like I've been saying.  gasp!!  :)
I apologize for not having better lighting for these pictures, but it was thundering at the time and sounded like it was getting ready to rain again.  So far it's just been thunder, but they say the rain is coming.  Figures.  We're going out to dinner with friends this evening. 

Some time within the next couple days I will be getting the bright red geraniums and will pot them in my large clay pots and set them on the chairs.  And I plan to put my garden flag back out there, too!

Stay safe!

No comments: