Friday, July 5, 2013

A Second Post for Today, Thoughts on Cars

I wonder about people, and whether some of them ever think about what they are saying before they open their mouths.  Most recently, like I said in the previous post, I was out doing errands this morning.  I was driving Duke, our Mustang convertible.  And yes, I do name our vehicles, just get used to it. 

Anyway, it's about 90 today with high humidity.  I'm quite honestly wilting at the time.  The convertible top was up and the A/C had been on.  I was pumping gas.  A stranger at the next pump asked me why I didn't have the top down.  I just said "doing errands" and smiled.  What I wanted to say was "Do I look stupid? It's HOT out here!  I don't want to fry while I'm doing my errands!"

I admit I love the feel of the sun on me and love the wind in my face while driving with the top down.  But there are limits.  And when it's scorching hot outside, the A/C will be on.  I have been known to have the top down on cool days and run the heater though.  :)

A pet peeve---people with convertibles who put the top down and keep the windows up.  Get over yourselves.  You look silly.  Be brave, put the windows down!

A happy memory ---when we first got Duke, I called my Mom to tell her about the new car.  God Bless her, the first thing she said was "be sure you wear a scarf when you're out!"  I don't.  If there is anything on my head, it's a visor.  And I'm sure she's looking down at me thinking about that darn scarf!

Stay safe!

No comments: