Monday, August 26, 2024

Like I've Said, I Am Ready for Fall

After all the cleaning that I did after our new siding work was finished, I had told myself I would not be doing "Fall cleaning" this year.  I was wrong.  There were things that just simply needed to be worked on  and cleaned. So, I have been scrubbing, cleaning, and doing all sorts of chores and jobs around here.  There are still a couple smaller jobs to do, but for the most part, the big stuff is all done.

And then it will be on to work in the yard.  I've kept up with that pretty well, but there are a few things that I'd like to get done before the Fall  aeration and seeding.  When that is done, we should try to stay off of the grass while the seeds sprout and grow, so I don't want to be out there messing things up.  We still have a broken limb that is hanging down on our Ash tree.  Every morning when I look out, I expect it to be down and ready to be cleaned up.  But so far, it is just hanging on.  

Next weekend I will be getting out the ceramic pumpkins - not jack-o-lanterns - and our other Fall decorations.  I am ready to do that!  I enjoy them and they make me happy.  And.... Fall colors were always some of my Mom's favorites;  all the browns, and oranges, and yellows.  So there's some happy memories with the decorations.  

I took this picture the other evening of a beautiful evening sky.


Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is good.  And God Bless America!

No comments: