Sunday, September 8, 2024

Mr. Gnome Is Ready for Fall, Too

 


I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. 

In my last post I said I was going to be getting out our Fall decorations last weekend.  That did not actually happen until a couple days ago.  All last weekend was spent in the hospital.  Les started feeling bad Friday night and we went right to the ER as his doctor had instructed us.  He was admitted and didn't come home until Sunday evening.   I was there early and spent the days with him.  It was another infection.  When these start, they rapidly drain his strength.  As soon as the antibiotics start working he slowly gets better.  He does what he can.  We've been going to follow-up appointments and rechecks.  So far, so good.

I've been working on keeping up with things. I think I would do better if I slept better.  But that's the way it is.

It's sunny and cooler today.  If this keeps up, I just might get a little yardwork done this week. I have signed us up with our mowing/trimming guys to get the leaves cleaned up later this Fall.  And our Virginia Green guys will be doing aerating, seeding, and fertilizing soon.  Hopefully, the grass will start to look better.  This has been a rough year for grass, trees, and other plants.

I have scheduled our new Covid boosters for this week.  And Les has another Orthopedic appointment.  I will be scheduling our Flu vaccines in a couple weeks. 

Take care and stay safe.  Life is still good.  And God Bless America!

No comments: