Thursday, December 22, 2022

Winter Sky

 


I took this picture yesterday morning, Winter Solstice Day. Good thing I took a picture then, it is too dark, gray, and rainy today to be standing out there.

We were up and out early this morning.  I needed to have my ID Card renewed.  Les got the appointment set up at the Ft. Eustis office.  Once we found the place, the procedure was quick and easy.  If  I'm reading the new ID correctly, I never have to get another one!

Then we went to breakfast, stopped at our favorite Emily's and got a couple donuts, and came home.

We've been getting texts, emails, and Alexa messages all day about wind chill advisories.  The temperature here is supposed to start dropping tonight and through tomorrow.  By Saturday morning the temp is predicted to be 10 degrees!  I think that might just finish off our still blooming geraniums on the front porch.  They are red and blend right in with the Christmas decorations.  I will hate to see them go.

Les' appointment with our ortho doc went well and Les has the PT evaluation appointment this afternoon.  We are hoping the PT will help.

While he is doing that, I will be getting ready to go check on Lemon, Jordan's lizard.  I am watching over him while Jordan is not here.  Please keep me in your thoughts.  I don't really expect any problems though.  Some friends have said "yuck" and they couldn't do that.  I am fine with it, just concerned he won't eat for me.  When I was a little girl, I really freaked out my Granma when we were at Jungle Larry's Wildlife Park in Ohio.  They were showing all the different reptiles, and when they asked if anyone wanted to pet the snake, I was first with my hand up!  What can I say, it seemed like a cute snake. 😀 

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  God Bless America!  Life is good!

No comments: