Saturday, December 17, 2022

An Update

 I certainly hope you are all doing okay and taking care of yourselves.  The news reports said this is "Super Saturday" and stores will be crowded with people doing/finishing their shopping.  So, if that is you, good luck!  And stay safe!

It has not been a particularly good week here.  I'll start with the better news and work my way down on how it has been.

Les is recovering from his knee surgery and is starting to move and walk better. He is keeping the cane handy in case he needs it, but is doing alright without it.  He has a follow-up appointment this week. There will probably be some PT next.  Unfortunately, something else developed not related to his knee and he is on antibiotics for that.

I am on antibiotics for bronchitis.  I developed a nasty cough that wouldn't go away and went to see our doctor.  First thing that was done was two different kinds of Covid tests.  Both were negative.  Dr. P. and his nurse both told me they were not taking any chances with their patients because of all the things going around now - Covid, Flu, RSV, etc.  And he told me there are new variants, too. I had not heard that, but am not surprised.  He thinks we should all wear masks any time we are out and about and around others.  He prescribed antibiotics, said to take Mucinex, and drink lots of water for my bronchitis.  I am feeling better and finishing up the antibiotics now.

It's been cold and we've had rain a few times.  Today is sunny and in the 40's.

Our girls and families are busy. 

I have finally started some baking and have some cookies made now.  One batch is cooling and needs to be iced when I finish writing.  

Take care of yourselves.  Life is good.  God Bless America!

P.S.  This is the new ornament that Les ordered for me. Thank you, honey!  💖

No comments: