Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Refrigerator Saga Continued

 FYI, I have just about had enough of being on the phone.

After the previous post, I got on the phone.  First I talked with people at Lowe's several times.  They did finally confirm that two refunds had been processed.  As of this writing, they have NOT shown up on our credit account.  But I do understand that that takes time to work through the system and I am keeping an eye on it.

Then it was a call to the Extended Warranty division.  After being on hold for an extremely long time, I gave up and got on the schedule for a call back.  Of course that came just as we were eating supper, but at that point I just didn't care.  It was a friendly voice and the man was helpful, even if it did take a long time to explain everything and then for him to look up everything.  There is another frustration though.  Even though we paid by credit card for the warranty, they can not just issue a credit to us.  They will send us a check for the full amount we paid.  Keep the Post Office in your thoughts.  Mail delivery has been a bit iffy lately.

By the end of all that, it was time to shower and get ready to rest under my quilt.

This morning Les had a doctor's appointment.  When he returned home we went to Home Depot armed with paperwork for the refrigerator we had picked out online.  A very nice female employee (not that that makes any difference at all) helped us. The gist of talking with her is that the appliance we want is in stock, and it should be delivered on the 25th.  We could have actually had it a little sooner but I am having surgery on the 22nd and wanted a couple days to recuperate a little.

So, as of right now, I think the refrigerator issues might be coming to a close.  Of course, the delivery people still have to get it here, moved inside, and installed without breaking it.

Life is great!  Take care and stay safe.  God Bless America! 

No comments: