Friday, March 5, 2021

"If We Do Not Learn from History, It Will Repeat Itself"

First off, I admit that I am worried about the future of our country.  I am worried about what kind of country our grandchildren will have when they are older.  I am worried about ALL our futures.  I am worried about our health.  I am worried about our financial futures. I worry about the idiot politicians.

As you see, I am just plain worried.

The "cancel culture" is taking over.  History has been getting erased all over the country.  Statues destroyed, names changed, and worse.  Subjects in schools are being changed. And on it all goes.

The latest targets are some of the Dr. Seuss books. Please, let's keep in mind that these are children's FICTION books.  He did not set out to offend anyone.  He wrote and the artist drew fictional characters.  But...... Dr. Seuss is not the only author being targeted.  I do not like where this is heading.

If books are being banned, let's remember what we should have learned in history classes when we were in school.  The banning of books and the burning of books was NOT a good thing.  

There are many different people in the world.  I have always believed that God made everyone and however they are and whoever they are, that's fine.  We ALL have a right to be here and live safe lives.  I might not agree with your beliefs or how you live, but you have a right to do so.  Just as I have a right to my beliefs and live my life how I choose.  You do not have the right to destroy things I care about.

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  And God Bless America!  

(we need it)

No comments: