Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Remembering



We are all remembering this horrific day. Please think about what happened and God Bless America!

I remember I was just leaving for my job as church secretary when the first report came out. There were many phone calls to the church that morning and people stopping in to talk with the minister or just sit in the sanctuary.

With our area having many military installations, they were all on alert and on duty.

We are three hours away from D.C. and in a couple days we had soot and grit that the wind brought in. I thought if we had just a little of it here, how bad it was in the three areas of attack.

Les and I have been to the beautiful Pentagon Memorial.  We have also seen the Somerset Memorial, but it was not completed at the time.  It was still impressive.  When we were in NYC we did not get to see the Memorial there.  Sadly, we did not know we had to make reservations in advance for that.

Remember.

No comments: