Saturday, September 7, 2019

After the Storm

This morning has been just beautiful here.  I don't remember the last time we had temperatures in the mid-60's!  The sun is out, there is just a slight breeze.  It's up in the 80's now, but still nice.  I hadn't really planned on doing yard work today, but it was just too nice outside to not be out there.  I got quite a bit done before I reached the end of my energy and my bending, stooping, reaching ability.

This picture was taken about 7:00 a.m. before the yard work.


You can't really see the two bags of branches, clumps of leaves, and bits that I picked up with my grabber.  But they were there.  I also did a little pruning and other chores out in the yard.  I am now all showered and done.

Southside did get a lot more of Dorian.  The news this morning said there are still power outages and flooding in areas.  They also told about all the people who got ticketed for driving on the Boardwalk and being where they were not supposed to be!  The news did some good, happy stories, too.  Those reports were about kind people rescuing animals.  One small cat hung on to a tree in a flooded area for over six hours until someone waded out to get her.   Another was clinging to a fence rail in a flooded area and was rescued.   And a camera crew rescued a large dog that was injured and in the water.  So hooray for those people!

The guys are playing golf.  Les decided to go out to the course just to see.  It must have been open because he didn't come right home!  We had gotten some emails from some of the other guys saying there were going to go, too.  It's a good day for golf!

Life is great!  Stay safe, and God Bless America!

No comments: