Friday, August 24, 2018

Just Stuff

As we are approaching the end of August, the world seems to be speeding up.  Many years Les and I have been getting ready for a week in Myrtle Beach for the World Am tournament.  We aren't going this year.  And that is fine, I am already looking forward to next May's trip and making mental plans.

Pam is busy with her "regular" work plus building the quilting business with Lynn. Garrett continues to grow his business.  Boxer is adjusting to high school and doing well.  Bloomer is doing well with seventh grade.  Lots going on in Georgia.  I need to ask how the deck is coming along though.  😊

Jacquie continues to put in many hours with her work and is frequently out going from place to place.  Her time at home is devoted to the girls.  Chris has his hands full with the little ones and trying to take care of their home.  Jordan has started back to school with her college classes and they are going well.  Little Miss E continues to be a very active "two" - busy , busy, busy!  And  Cutie Girl will be starting kindergarten very soon.

As for Les and me, we are doing okay!  I am not ready for hearing aids yet. In September I see my eye doctor and the dentist.  Les has several appointments coming up also.  Routine service for maintenance on things in the home are being done.  We just got some new downspouts that the man said we needed and they were covered by the warranty.  The generator is all tuned up and ready if we need it.  Life goes on.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am ready for Fall.  Fall like I remember - crisp cool air, pretty leaves, apple cider and powdered donuts.  Here in Virginia, we are sometimes still using the A/C into November and doing yard work and mowing into December when we are setting up Christmas decorations.  Every once in a while we get some cool days though and it is lovely.  You adjust and take what you get.

Normally, I am well into the Christmas shopping by now.  I am still thinking about that and will get started soon.  I may fall back to my routine of years ago.  When I was working, I always spent Columbus Day doing the shopping since I would have the day off.  But, honestly, I can sit in front of the computer and shop anytime now!  And even though I resisted the idea, I am really getting into the whole Amazon Prime!

I do plan to pull the box of Fall decorations out of the closet on September 1st.  There aren't a lot, but just enough to make it feel like a change of seasons.

As I have said many times, life is good.  Stay safe and God Bless America!


Just one of my favorite Myrtle Beach pictures

No comments: