Friday, August 31, 2018

It's Friday Again!

Some of you are busy with plans for a long weekend, sort of the last hurrah before school starts.  Although school has already started in many places, like Georgia, where Boxer and Bloomer are doing well since the beginning of August!  But here in Virginia, schools wait until the day after Labor Day so all the tourist attractions can take advantage of their high school age employees.  😊

Whatever you are doing, take care and enjoy the weekend.

Jacquie and Chris have been busy getting Cutie Girl ready to start school, meeting the teachers, going to open house, buying a tee shirt.  We are all keeping good thoughts!

Les got the yard work done and we got everything all cleaned-up.  Had some thunderstorms last night and got some much needed rain.  The forecasters keep saying the rain cooled things down.  I was just outside doing a couple things and I think they are wrong.  It is hot and muggy out there!

I have been doing the usual morning "stuff" as well as the usual Friday routine chores.  Did a couple errands this morning, some mending, some desk work, too.

Yesterday's project was cleaning out the library closet.  I decided it needed it after last week's sewing projects.  That closet is where the sewing machine stays.  So that is all re-organized and a couple boxes were taken to DAV for donation.  While I was moving things around, I got out my ceramic Fall pumpkins and set them around the house.  The actual Halloween decorations won't come out for a month or so, but I like looking at the pumpkins.  I splurged on a Jim Shore set of pumpkin "statues"  I love his items, and have several of his Christmas ones as well as a couple angels.


Les is playing golf.  He likes his new putter.  Evidently it is working well.  😊

Life continues to be good!  Take care and have a great weekend and stay safe!  God Bless America!


No comments: