Sunday, August 26, 2018

Couldn't Wait

Hey, all!  We've had a lovely couple days of a little cooler weather.  Was even in the 50's a couple mornings, and then warmed up to high 70's later.  Now we are getting back to the hot and humid weather.

But those couple days were an inspiration!  I got out and did some needed yard work and clean-up.  There were several things that needed pruning, some raking was needed in the mulched areas, a few weeds to be pulled, etc.  And I just couldn't resist getting out two of the Fall pieces of yard art for the backyard.  I put away a couple of the Summer ones.  I was planning to wait for September first, but I was a week early!

I took my time and took some rest breaks, and enjoyed the weather.  Feels good to get that all done!

Here's a picture of one of the areas.


I also did a tiny bit of touch-up painting on the porch rail and the mailbox post.  The post gets hit with the weed trimmer no matter how careful the trimming is done.  And the porch rail is a favorite sitting spot for an occasional free-roaming cat who likes to lie down and stretch out on the rail.  Also a favorite perching spot for some birds.  The claws took a couple nicks in the paint.  All fixed now.

I got the sewing machine out and did some work on a Christmas project, and also finished up a pillow Jacquie wanted.  She did a lovely cross-stitch of "Coco" for a pillow top.

Today was the usual "morning stuff", and it was omelette day for Les so I fixed breakfast.  (just once a week for the omelettes)  I also got to the Commissary and got groceries.  It's almost time to start supper so I'd better close.

Remember - life is good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: