Sunday, July 15, 2018

Where Does the Time Go????

I just realized that I have not posted since last Sunday.  So first, Pam had a birthday and I did not get the post up that I had ready.  I did get a FB post up to her and of course she knows we love her!  She did have a happy day.

The week has flown by here with a lot going on, and some of it stressful.  I noticed Angus having some problems and took him right in to see the doctor.  He has the urinary problem cats can get that causes crystals and stones to develop and cause blockage.  It is not something you want to leave untreated.  The doctor determined he was not blocked but did have a bad case of cystitis and inflammation.  We had a couple visits to the clinic and had to work out some issues with his medicines.  Namely the fact that Les and I could not get the liquid medicine in him.  We did get it on him, on us, on the floor and furniture!  That was just from the first dose he was to have.  The next day I took him back and they gave him an antibiotic injection and changed the other meds to pills.  So far, so good on that.  I think he is doing okay and getting better.   We're keeping an eye on him.

Let me just add that this has also caused more cleaning and more litter box scooping.  😊

We are enjoying our new TV.  However, while watching an HD movie on VuDu the WiFi kept cutting out.  And then I noticed it had cut out on our phones also.  Well, that is not acceptable!  So I put in a call to our Geek Squad guys, Victor and Dillon.  They came and checked things out.  The TV and equipment were fine, but there was a question about our router.  And also Verizon things didn't look right, so they suggested we call them to check the lines and router.  So the next day the Verizon man came and stayed a couple hours checking out each TV and box and checking lines, the equipment that is in the garage, the router, etc.  He found several things not right and worked on them.  And he also installed a new router for us. 

There is a story on that....Les had already ordered one from Verizon that was being shipped to us.  It had not arrived yet, but the man had the same one in his truck.  So he got the okay to install that one and then we are to ship the one we had ordered back.  It has arrived and I will send it tomorrow.  They included a shipping label, so no problems.  As of right now, everything is working and all is good!  But it involved a lot of going in and out and people in the house and again, more little things to clean up.

I had gotten out in the yard to do some clean-up out there and evidently was bitten by something.  The next day I had red, very itchy spots in a couple places.  Based on my reaction, I am guessing a spider got me.  I never felt anything biting or saw anything.  The spots are slowly getting better.

Our weather remains hot and humid.  We need rain.  It is Summer in Virginia.

Stay safe!  Life is good!  And God Bless America!

No comments: