Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Huh. Just Huh.

I hope everyone is having a good day today.  Some have probably started the middle-of-the-week holiday early.  So stay safe and be careful!

We had not been to breakfast in a while so I suggested we go this morning.  We headed to Byrd's and discovered they are closed today and tomorrow for the 4th.  We ended up at Poquoson Diner.  Nice people but they were short staffed and breakfast was not what I was expecting.  Oh, well.

We came home and I finished up the usual morning stuff and Les went to the "Y".  After he got back home we went to the shooting range.

Remember how several months ago I wrote about the antique gun that was Mom's?  And we had taken it to be repaired?  Bullets for the gun are not available easily because the gun is so old, and we had to order some.  We've had them for a while along with a "Groupon" for the Marksman shooting range, so off we went.  That did not go as planned either.  The young lady checking us in said we couldn't use the bullets, they don't allow lead on the range.  Air quality, pollutants, etc. etc.   The key thing is I have Mom's gun, it's been fixed, we bought bullets, and there is no place to try it.  Definitely disappointing.

The "Groupon" was for a rental and she was trying to be helpful and was very nice.  We ended up with a newer revolver to try.  Nice, but "no".  I shot five bullets and I was done.  It felt like I had broken my hand.  Les shot the rest of the box.  We have some alternate plans for next time.  As a side note though, out of my five bullets, I had two 9's, two 8's, and one was a warning shot off the side of target's head!  Les did a lot better.

So we came home, had some lunch, I've done some laundry, cleaned the floors, and caught up on the shows I slept through.  Les has gone to the chiropractor.

It's mid 90's and about 50% humidity today and the heat index is just wavering above 100.  Better than the 110 yesterday.  Still too hot for any yard work.  Yesterday I was out about 6:15 a.m. watering the flowers and filling the bird feeder.  Wanted to do it before it got too awful out there.  The heat and humidity seem to bother me more this year.  I'm blaming lack of gallbladder!  There is probably no connection but it sounds better than age.  😊

We have started watching the new version of "Lost in Space".  It is different.  I have already decided the children are smarter than the adults.

So, life is good, even with minor disappointments.  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: