Sunday, July 22, 2018

This and That

We did get the rain yesterday pretty much off and on all day, at times with some wind and some thunder.  There is "stuff" down all over the back yard, mostly leaves and small branches.  The sun was out earlier this morning and then it rained again.  Right now it's cloudy and 80, with 80% humidity. Things are just soaking up the rain when it comes.

Angus seems to be doing okay.

All the usual daily chores are getting done.  Nothing much "extra" planned for today.

In my last post I mentioned a couple shows we have watched.  I forgot to mention that we recently watched all of season one of "Lost in Space".  I admit I didn't care for it that much after the first show, but it "grew" on me.  We usually give new shows a couple chances.  We plan to watch the second season whenever it comes out.  There is another remake, "Magnum P.I." coming.  I was not at all enthused about it because it won't be the same without Tom Selleck in it, but I just read that they plan "crossover" shows with "Hawaii Five-0", so I guess I'll have to try it, too. 

We had a quiet morning, I cooked breakfast, we watched a movie and read the paper.  Often weird news articles catch my eye.  This morning's eye catchers were one about a man in India getting arrested for smuggling cows.  It was a very short piece and I am sure there must be more to that story.  The other was sad on several counts.  First, a man is dead, admittedly by his own stupidity.  But he was carrying his sword down the steps and tripped and stabbed himself.  I am positive that there are safety instructions around for carrying swords and he wasn't following any of them.  Ah, well, bad time for some.

I had to buy a new garden flag for out front.  Our patriotic one was getting worn and faded.  Couldn't find anything similar, so I went with bright flowers this time. 


Life is good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: