Sunday, May 1, 2016

Updates

Hey, all!  I hope everyone is well and happy.  Things are good around here.  The weather has been sort of back and forth.  Right now it's about 60, gray, and raining off and on. 

Golfer is home today.  The last couple days have been cooler with the off and on rain and today he and some of his friends decided they would stay in and not get wet again. 

I have been keeping busy with all the usual things around the house.  And some extra cleaning.  The big news is that the mouse is gone!  He made another appearance and the furry boys chased him around and cornered him on the steps.  I grabbed the broom and whacked at him a few times which only excited him.  He jumped up and ran under the china cabinet and then went into hiding somewhere.  Keep in mind the exterminator was already scheduled for Friday morning.  Thursday afternoon I needed a new roll of paper towels and started to reach into the bottom of the pantry for them and there his little tiny self was, just lounging on the towels.  I closed the door and thought about options, not trusting my abilities to just reach in and grab him.  And I knew if I got the boys involved there would just be more chasing and hiding.  I opted for the "stick the vacuum hose in there and get him" method.  It worked.  Then I threw most of what had been in the bottom of the pantry out.  What could be washed in hot soapy water, was washed.  Then the whole kitchen was scrubbed.  We still have no idea how a mouse can get in.  I keep hoping that when one does get in it sends a message to any others in the area that there are chasing and unfortunate events and they should stay away.

Today I was planning to do a little yard clean-up, but that isn't happening in the wet weather.  Neither are the errands I could do.  So, I'll be catching up on my stack of magazines this afternoon. 

Here is Angus having a rest last evening after the busy last few days.  :)

Stay safe!

No comments: