Monday, May 16, 2016

Brrrr!

Huh.  Middle of May and I had to turn the heat back on this morning.  It was 42 when I woke up.  Family in Ohio had to cover their plants and flowers because they were getting frost last night.  I haven't heard how that turned out.  This all reminds me of Colorado.

Golfer is on the road, on the way home; it will be good to have him back!

My previous post mentioned some things I did this past week.  I also cleaned out the box that is kept in our linen closet on a higher shelf and holds our "extra" pill bottles.  Everything that was past its expiration date got thrown out.  I try to do this every couple months.  Wouldn't you think they could print those dates just a little larger so we could read them without a magnifying glass???  And what about the dates that are just pressed into the paper on the box and not even printed???

I also have learned how to make a really good pot of coffee.  Sounds silly, right?  But Golfer is the coffee maker around here.  On the rare times he isn't here I usually have just gone to Starbucks.  I decided at 67 it was finally time to learn to do it right.  Keep in  mind that my Mom's idea of making coffee was to take the pot from the coffee maker and mix up the instant coffee in it and put it back under the maker.  I am pretty sure she did  not fool anyone.  Anyway, I have mastered this, proving it is never too late to learn something!  Bikini will be impressed because it involves math.  :)

I went out in the yard with a large bag and my grabber and cleaned up a couple bags of "stuff " that had come down in the wind the other night.  So that's all done again.  I have the calendar marked that it is time to fertilize the new shrubs, but first it was too windy and now it is too cool for me to be out there messing around with spraying water.  So that project is on hold.

I spent some time with the phone and calendar.  I had to reschedule my eye appointment for next month since I have been selected for Federal jury duty and have to be "on call".  This also "throws a wrench" into road trip planning.  Golfer and I need to discuss our trip when he gets home.  Looking at the calendar I see some of our friends are celebrating their 50th anniversary in Williamsburg and want to get together the first week in August.  So we will be juggling time.

Nurse J is still waiting.  No baby yet.  She is miserable and ready.  Everyone else is okay over there.

Bikini says they are busy in Georgia with the end of school but everyone is fine and looking forward to vacation.

So,stay warm and stay safe!




No comments: