Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 10th and a Freeze Warning Last Night!

Huh.  April weather. High winds.  Back and forth temps. Freeze and frost warnings last night.  Supposed to be in 70's tomorrow.  Today is in high 40's and sunny and the wind has died down.  I just did another round of yard pick up with my grabber and big bag.  And that outside work also included yanking up a few weeds and cleaning off the porch, walk, patio, and deck.

Nurse J and I went to check  out the yard sales yesterday.  That was the rain date for the community sales that got rained and blown out last weekend.  She found a few great bargains.  Mainly we were looking for little girl clothes.  It was a nice time and we got to visit.  She is doing okay, but is very pregnant and very miserable and tired.

Bikini says they are doing okay in Georgia.  The kids went to swim camp during Spring break and they had fun.  Tomorrow it is back to school for them.

I've kept up with all the usual daily chores and odd jobs this week.  I got Kirk (MDX) cleaned inside and out.  I could not stand the pollen another minute!  Golfer says he is going to  mow tomorrow, so I will help with clean-up after he is done.

The "for sale" sign went up on the house next door.  I am hoping for someone nice to buy it.  But I am also realistic - no one since the original builder/owner sold it has been a good neighbor.  Please send someone who is responsible and quiet!

Our azaleas are starting to bloom, the liriope plants are getting new leaves, the hostas are coming up, rhododendrons and hydrangeas are getting buds, and everything else is looking good.  And... like I said,  Golfer has to mow again!

Stay safe!


No comments: