Sunday, April 17, 2016

Happy "Day Before Tax Day"

The filing deadline for our taxes was officially delayed until tomorrow, April 18th because the 15th was a holiday in D.C.  If this has happened before, I do not remember it.  But then, Golfer and I usually don't wait until the deadline anyway, so it doesn't make any difference.  Good luck to any of you who are wrestling with your paperwork today!

It is sunny and beautiful here, right now the temperature is 56.  Golfer's weekend group is playing at Sleepy Hole today.  I hope they have a good round.

I have had a relaxing morning and have done all the usual things that needed doing.  I also checked out the new Sunday "Today Show" with Willie Geist.  It's only an hour long and it was a good show.

Right now I am spending time on the computer while the house is getting power washed.  It was a really dirty Winter, and the house really needed the washing.  When I called our "call the man" friend, he asked if it was okay if his guy came on Sunday if that was when he was available.  We said okay.  I've already thanked God for the lovely day and you know the old saying - "cleanliness is next to Godliness".  I will be glad to have this job finished, but right now it is entertaining the furry kids.  They get anxious when strangers are around and there is much running back and forth to the windows.

My major project this coming week will be cleaning the windows and window treatments.  Most of those just get vacuumed, dusted and de-haired, but a couple panels will be washed if needed.

Golfer has been graduated from PT and does the exercises at home now.  He has one doctor appointment this week for a check-up.  We'll be having a delayed birthday dinner for Cutie Girl on Thursday.  Her birthday is actually tomorrow, but Nurse J has to make one last work trip to Roanoke.  Since she is so very pregnant and uncomfortable, I am fixing dinner here when she gets back.

I've been thinking of Darrelyn; today would have been her birthday.  We miss her.  My niece (her daughter) is going through a rough time right now and I've been thinking of her, too.


A memory........ If I am remembering correctly, we were staying overnight at a cabin on Lake Erie.  Mom took the picture.  From left to right - me, my niece Pat, my sister Darrelyn, and my niece Peggy.  Obviously Mom had told us all to "wave at the camera".  I'm sure we visited Aunt Hazel during that trip, too.  She lived in Vermilion, close to the Lake.

Have a good day and stay safe!

No comments: