Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday at the Park

As I said previously, our weather has been good this weekend.  I was getting ready to leave to do a couple errands when I got a text from Nurse J.  She and BeyB were taking Cutie Girl to the park near us.  Did I want to join them?  So I detoured on the errands and headed over.

It's a nice playground next to the ball fields here in Kiln Creek.  Within the last year the playground was torn down and completely rebuilt.  It's got a cushiony ground cover around the equipment and lots of things to climb on and do.

NurseJ got to sit and rest a little while BeyB and I tried to keep up with Cutie Girl.  She had trouble deciding what to do and then what to do next.  The slides were her favorites.



A bonus to the fun was getting to buy Girl Scout cookies.  An enterprising young Scout came walking in with her red wagon piled high with cookies and a cute sign.  She walked all around with her Mom and their dog, who was festively attired to attract maximum attention.   You know how it is... see the cute doggie, want to play with the doggie, see the cookies while you're talking to the doggie..... Since I didn't get any Thin Mints last year, I took advantage of the opportunity.  :)

I did a couple of the planned errands when we were done playing and decided the rest could wait until another day.  Life is good.  I've had fresh air and exercise and am now going to go read.

Stay safe!

No comments: