Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Some Thoughts

A cousin recently posted a question on Facebook asking for pet peeves.  I didn't reply on Facebook for various reasons, but I do have some "peeves".

Anyone who abuses  and mistreats children and animals.  If you can't treat them lovingly, don't have them.  That goes for children and animals.  Be nice.  And on that topic, have some patience and be nice to older people, too.

People who come to our country and want to live here, but want to change it and don't want to learn and speak English.  If you think you want to live here, come legally and adapt.  We certainly tried when we lived in Germany for four years and it was a great experience.  If you don't like our country enough to adapt and learn to speak our language, stay where you are.

People who don't obey the traffic laws.  I could write pages on that, but I won't.  If you know me, you know how I feel about traffic in general.

People who don't proof-read.  Some postings are like trying to figure out a puzzle.  Remember, "auto correct" is not always what you are trying to say.

People who won't get a job and take care of their families and just expect the rest of us to pay their way and take care of them.  In this category are the people who keep having children just to get bigger welfare checks.  (see first peeve)

Here's a new one - TV shows where the background noise and music is so loud you can't here the actors talking.

The current POTUS.  Period.  Don't get me started.

I'm stopping here.  Stay safe!  Have a good day!

No comments: