Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Laugh!

I don't know where Golfer found this, but it made me laugh!


Here is a turkey recipe that includes the use of uncooked popcorn as a stuffing ingredient -- imagine that!  When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when the turkey is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.  Give this a try.

8 - 15 lb. Turkey

1 cup melted butter

1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good)

1 cup un-popped popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT IS BEST)

Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt, and pepper.

Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.

Place in baking pan - making sure the neck end is toward the front of the oven, not the back.

After about 4 hours listen for the popping sounds.


When the turkey's a** blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room.... it's done.    
Stay safe!

No comments: