Saturday, October 10, 2015

Gray, Windy, and Rainy, Again

Hey, all!

I was supposed to be going to yard sales with Nurse J this morning.  But as I have mentioned, it is gray and raining again.  Kiln Creek has Community yard sales twice a year.  Fall one was supposed to have been last Saturday and was postponed to today because of the weather last week.  Some folks are still out there with their things set up, but it is not a very comfortable day for yard sale shopping.  Nurse J and I are not going.

We are going to get Cutie Girl's Halloween pictures done later today!

Golfer is watching a  movie since he doesn't like to play golf in the rain any more than I like to shop in it!  His movie watching got off to a slow start due to the DVD player not having a signal.  He pulled the TV stand out and checked all the wires and cables.  Didn't find anything wrong anywhere, but it worked just fine when he put everything back and tried again.  I suspect that it might have had something to do with me wrestling Cecil out from behind there yesterday to do his grooming.

Cecil was very good about it, just hates the whole idea of one of us picking him up.  So after I chase him from his usual hiding places, he likes to go behind the entertainment center.  Not very convenient, but not impossible.  Like I've said before, he's a very sweet cat and it is very fortunate that we adopted him years ago.  After I got his grooming all done and we both hugged on him a while, I did the other three without any major issues.    So that's done for another couple weeks.  Whew!

I have been busy sorting things out from my Christmas shopping.  That is going well and the next shopping trip will not take as long.  I'm looking forward to next weekend and Hallmark's BOGO sale!

Speaking of Hallmark - - - I am a little annoyed with them about their ornaments.  Golfer and I collect the Star Trek ornaments.  I think they need to re-issue all the old ones and have them battery powered like the newer ornaments.  We had to get the special adapters a few years ago so we could connect the older ornaments to the newer lights on the tree. And even with those, some of them don't work.  And adjust their prices!  I know inflation, production costs, etc. etc. but come on!  $30 - $40 for a little ornament??  That used to be $10 or $12??

I hope everyone is well and content.  Stay safe!


No comments: