Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hey

I decided it was time I get a post written.  Golfer and I returned from Ohio last Monday.  My sister's funeral was sad, but we were all in agreement that we were relieved she was no longer suffering.  She will be missed.

The visitation was at 8:30 Saturday morning at the funeral home followed by the funeral mass at her church at 10:00.  Then we went to the cemetery for a short graveside service and then to lunch hosted by my niece and her husband.  The church was lovely with gorgeous stained glass windows and statues. 

I am not real familiar with Catholic orders of worship and Betty took me "under her wing" and told me what to read, when to read, where to sit, etc.  I decided Betty pretty much runs that church.  I noticed at lunch that she had no problem at all telling Father Paul what he should be doing!

Unfortunately it was cool and raining through all this.

Now we are all home.  Things are unpacked, put away and caught up.  Most days this week have been nice and we've had the windows open.  Today is pretty gray and cloudy.

Our man from Spring Green came yesterday and did the Fall aeration and various treatments to the yard.  He says the new seed will sprout in seven to ten days.   I need to get out and do a little clean up in the mulched areas.

I've finished washing the windows.  Did most of them a couple weeks ago and just didn't get the last couple done until today.  There's a pretty good chance now that it will actually rain!

Hiro, our Acura, got a good cleaning.  Just think rain, mud, "dirt", bird poo and bug guts.  It was a long drive home.  We came through West Virginia on the way back to miss the congestion around D.C.  Pretty drive and it will be even more pretty in a couple weeks I'm sure.  There was already some leaf color starting.

Bikini is back home and it sounds like she has things under control there.  We'll be seeing her again soon when we go visit.  Watching Boxer play football is on the agenda!  And watching Bloomer demonstrate her gymnastic skills is also planned!

NurseJ is also back home.  CutieGirl handled the trip very well and entertained everyone by being so cute.  Sadly, a few days after returning home, BeyB developed strep throat.  Then CutieGirl started crying when being fed.  Not strep, but she has her first ear infection.  NurseJ says they are all on the mend now.

I have started stocking up on things when shopping at the Commissary and plan to have the freezer and pantry full when I go for my surgery.  Golfer will shop, but I know it is not one of his favorite things. 

So we're sort of back to "normal" here.  I can hear Sis laughing now.

Stay safe.

No comments: