Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hey!

Golfer and I are home from vacation.  Everything is unpacked, put away, the laundry is done, and cleaning, errands and yard work is done.  Life is good.

Golfer had a good time playing in the World-Am.  Didn't win, but had a good time, played one new course, met some new people, visited with old friends.

I had quality beach and pool time.  I usually go to the indoor heated pool to do my exercises, and every day but one I had the pool all to myself.  Very relaxing and peaceful.

I enjoy early morning beach time and this is the view from my favorite spot.  I get a chair and put it under a palm tree.  You can't really tell by the picture, but it's a wide strip of dune grass, then sand, then the water.


One morning there were dozens and dozens of dragonflies and butterflies all around.  Didn't get pictures of the dragonflies but I managed to get this one of a butterfly.  (the yellow spot on the pink hibiscus flower)
A few years ago when we were there there was a steady flow of butterflies of all kinds flying up the coast.  That was the year after the Butterfly Pavilion had closed.  My theory is that they just opened the place up and let them all out.  Regardless, they were beautiful!

I also saw a couple lizards and many birds and squirrels. No snakes this time! I like watching the pelicans swoop and dive into the water, too.

Stay safe!


No comments: