Thursday, April 11, 2013

On to Happier Topics!

It has been absolutely lovely here in Virginia the last few days.  Just a week ago we were still wearing turtlenecks, coats and gloves.  It was 90 here yesterday!  And remarkably, it is not terribly humid.  I have had the windows open and the furry kids are worn out from running back and forth watching the birds and squirrels outside.

I have been using my "extra" time catching up on some things and doing some put-off projects.  There is a sense of accomplishment when something gets finished that's been on your mind for a while.  I have a rocking chair that needs a new seat cover, and another chair that needs some repair.  I'm going to work on some outdoor Christmas decorations.  I have the paint and the plans.  Golfer will be involved with a bit of wood cutting.   The windows need to be washed and window treatments need to be freshened as soon as the siding is power washed.  There will be more yard work coming along also.

Bikini's family is doing well.  She's getting Boxer and Bloomer signed up for some Summer activities.  We will see them all in Myrtle Beach before long.

Things are busy at NurseJ's.  She is doing well and it won't be long before the baby arrives!  CableGuy is almost finished with school.  BeyB is doing well and looking forward to being a big sister.

Geek Squad will be visiting our home tomorrow.  Our Cable box died last evening.  I managed to get it disconnected and took it to the cable office and swapped for a new one.  All was going well until I realized the third of three cables/cords didn't fit.  Since the Geek Squad configured and set up our system, I called them.  Hopefully it will be an easy fix.  Sadly, all our recorded shows on the old DVR are goners!

Stay safe!  I'm off to sit with a good book!

No comments: