Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Busy, Busy Day Two

Hey, all!

We have another flurry of activity around here.  Golfer and I were "up and at 'em" early.  He left for golf.  I got my Starbucks and was back home by 7:15 waiting for the guys to show up.  In case you're wondering about a splurge, that is our routine.  He gets his Starbucks on the way to the golf course.  And you know, if he's having  Starbucks, I'm going to, too!

It turned out that the 7:30 a.m. arrival was a bit off.  Steve was the first to show up at 8:30 to check on things and immediately asked me where his guys were.  I told him I had not heard from or seen anyone yet.  Boy! He was fast to get on the phone and within minutes they all started showing up.  Right now, there are men working on the deck and men working up in the trees, and some more hauling deck debris and tree limbs to the trucks out front.  There's a shredder set up at the curb and things are being ground up.  I hope none of our neighbors are trying to sleep!

This is a picture of Finnigan in his supervisory position.  He is very suspicious about all the strange
men on his property!

I hate losing the trees.  But I also hate the idea of the diseased tree falling on something or someone and causing damage.  And I really don't like the idea of the other tree causing foundation and house or deck damage.  On the plus side though, there will be a gazillion fewer ginkgo balls to be picked up!  If you've never had ginkgo trees around you, they are lovely trees, but the seed balls are  miserable little spiky things to clean up.  Mom always used to tell about wrapping them in the little foil gum wrappers and making Christmas decorations.  Nice thought, but I never tried that.

This deck picture is from yesterday.  I will post more later.  The guys told me to stay inside so I wouldn't get covered in sawdust but I've been sneaking pictures of the work in progress.

Stay safe!


No comments: