Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Just Some Observations

Golfer and I went to vote this early morning.  There was a fairly long line,  but it was orderly and we were dressed for the weather.  (It was cold.)

I have always been a "people watcher".  I think I get that from my mom.  Anyway, how did we get to a point in our society where people don't dress sensibly or appropriately?  As I said, it was cold this morning.  Golfer and I had on jackets and hats and gloves and our New Balance shoes. Very sensible footwear.  Because of joint issues, RA, and other issues, I pretty much wear New Balance shoes all the time except for rare occasions.

I saw people dressed in shorts and flip flops.  I saw people in what looked like pajamas.  I saw people in tee shirts and  no coats.  And I saw many, many women tottering around in ungodly shoes with spike heels, or platform soles,  or the worst, high heeled sandals.  Everyone one of them had horrible posture.  If only they knew what they were doing to themselves in the name of trying to be fashionable.  I notice things like that.  It has been drilled into me by arthritis class instructors, doctors, and physical therapists - "watch your alignment!"  And before these warnings, it came from my mom and granma.  I remember as a young girl being told to stand straight, sit straight.  We even had to be able to walk around with a book on our heads.  And we had to do it until we could make the distance without it falling off.

So, ladies, hold your heads high, keep your body aligned and straight and have a good day!

And stay safe!

No comments: