Thursday, November 22, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hey, All!

I hope everyone is having a good day!  We're winding down here.  I had a flurry of cooking this morning.  NurseJ and family came for dinner about 12:30.  She is on call today so it was iffy if she would make it, but all was good.  We made it through dessert before she had to leave.  Cable Guy and BeyB stayed a while longer.  I think the tryptophan was kicking in for all of us!

Anyway, it's been a busy week around here.  Last Friday morning I confirmed that we had a flea problem.  Our furry kids do not go outside at all, so we still haven't an answer to where they came from, but it was something that needed immediate attention.  As it turned out, Cinder and Cecil were due for their check-ups and immunizations.  I have an understanding with our clinic that when I can get my hands on Cecil I will just call and they will work us in.

The fleas made this urgent.  And involved some maneuvering on my part.  Getting my hands actually on Cecil involved looking at him straight in the eye and him running under our king-sized bed.  Then I closed the bedroom door and opened the closet door.  And used the stick vac to "vacuum" under the bed.  At which point Cecil dove into the closet and I closed that door.  Then I carefully went into the closet and pried him out from under Golfer's hanging pants!  After that it was just a matter of calling and then getting Cinder.  While they were there, they got the Advantage flea treatment and I brought home some for Angus and Finnigan. 

This stuff is great!  Flea treatment used to involve an all day process where the cats would be bathed, dipped, and sprayed and the house would be bombed, sprayed and scrubbed.  The Advantage kills all stages of fleas.  No muss, no fuss.  I still cleaned real good last weekend.  The furry kids are doing well, not scratching as much.  I still haven't seen an actual flea, but what set all this off was the evidence of flea "dirt".

I think there is some improvement from the spinal injection I had.  Not as much so far as I was hoping.  But some has been set off my the fact I developed a major bladder infection.  Am now on strong antibiotics and doing okay.  And on the plus side, if there is an Anthrax attack, I'm all set!  The drug is the same they use to treat that!

We had to have work done on our relatively new windows.  When washing them recently I discovered a couple places where there had been leaks.  And also a spot appeared above the fireplace, so the guys worked on that, too.  While they were up on the roof they discovered the dryer vent was full of lint.  Different guys are coming tomorrow to clean that. 

Golfer has had to clean up leaves every couple days and we have a mountain of bags on the deck to put out for the next pick up.  He mowed yesterday.  Seems silly to still be doing yard work when we're getting ready to decorate for Christmas!  But that's the way it is.

So have a good weekend.  Be careful if you brave the crowds and go out to shop.  And stay safe!

No comments: