Friday, June 29, 2012

"Zoo Diary"

Day Six

I am grossly outnumbered.

Golfer served the furry kids their breakfast and the younger ones scared off the older ones.  There was much pigging out.  When the babes were satisfied, we took up the empty dishes and put down the full ones for the older furry kids.  I hope they ate.

Golfer left for the golf course.   I did my usual morning routine stuff.  Then the fun began as I tried to read the paper.  There was much jumping and running.  Finnigan seems to feel a need to try to climb the lamps.  He can already get to the top of the tall scratching post in a single leap.  He's been eyeing the mantle.

Then Angus knocked over a large glass vase flower arrangement on the kitchen table.  It is weighted down with glass "marbles" but still he could move it.  This made a huge noise and scared all the others so there was more leaping and running.  Nothing broke, but the flowers look like they've been in a wind storm.

And then Angus moved on to the dining room where he did wheelies on the table and then wound around the glass decanters and candy dishes on the china cabinet.  He was joined by Finnigan who decided to do slides on the table and ran from the foyer onto the table, slid across and onto the antique sewing machine.  At which point he decided to make a nest in my lovely large flower arrnagement of silk hydrangeas.   The damage was already done, so at this point I went and got my new camera and took a couple pictures.  This weekend I will get them loaded onto the computer to show you!  Cecil had come back downstairs and was sitting in the dining room growling and meowing (he hardly ever does this).  The youngsters didn't listen to him and he gave up and took up a sentry post at the top of the stairs.  Cinder took a viewing spot about halfway up the steps and both were giving me the stink eye as I left for work.

I hope I have a house when I get home.

Stay safe.

And wish us luck.

p.s.  All of this activity is definitely worth it to have those two cute babies sleeping with us last night!  :)

No comments: