Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers' Day!

to Golfer, Brief, and CableGuy!

It's been busy around here.  You know how those little things that need doing sometimes pile up??  I've been eliminating that pile and crossing things off the to-do list.  Little pesky things like looking up information in the files for the insurance company, and sorting through books, and cleaning out bits of stuff from the pantry.

The last of the laundry just "beeped" in the dryer, the floors have been mopped and vacuumed, the master bath has been scrubbed (it was time to scrub the tiles and grout)  weeds have been pulled, bushes trimmed.  Life is good.  I'm about ready to sit down with my book and read a while.

I had to make a quick run to Wal-Mart this morning to buy a new paper shredder.  Amazing how many people were there early on Sunday morning buying Fathers' day cards and gifts!  And the stupid store had only three check-outs open.  But I got the shredder home, all set up, and just registered it.  Cinder has claimed the box and is sleeping in it right now.

Speaking of kitties --- Cecil just had a run through the house.  I hope he's still happy next week, when the NEW FURRY BABIES ARRIVE!!!  I spoke to the head of the shelter yesterday and she says they are doing fine and are happy and playing.  Angus and Finnigan were neutered this week.  They have gotten microchips, been de-wormed, had a flea treatment and still need to have their last immunization next Sunday, and then they can come home!  Yay!

In other topics, have you watched "Dallas"?  Golfer and I have decided there is no one in Dallas who isn't trying to mess up someone else.  They're all sneaky and shifty.  Ms. Ellie would be yelling at them all!  And for gosh sakes!  J.R. trim your eyebrows!!! 

Golfer and I like several shows that are on USA, TNT and the like.  "Falling Skies" returns this evening.  "Fairly Legal" just had their season finale and it was a good one.  "Royal Pains" and "Burn Notice" just returned, too. There are some others that come back next month.

I guess I'd better go fold that laundry.  Stay safe!


No comments: