Monday, September 6, 2010

UNOFFICIAL END OF SUMMER. SIGH....

Golfer and I just returned home from the pool. This is the last day. Very sad. It's not like we don't have access to the large pool at the YMCA, and we do plan to go there on Wednesday. But we like the outdoor pool. Especially me, although I suspect that Golfer is enjoying it a lot too. This is really the first year that he's gone more than once! Retirement is good!

So, anyway, we're home again. I said good-bye to a couple pool friends - ladies I chat with during the Summer and don't see any other time. We all wish each other a good Winter and say "see you in June!" Sometimes we say we'll have to get together during the Winter, but things come up and we never do. I have disassembled the pool bag and put everything away. Sigh again.

Golfer mowed the grass and got the yard ready for Walt of Spring Green to come and do the aeration and seeding and fertilizing. The yard needs some TLC; it's been a tough Summer on it. Too much heat and not enough rain.

I have been doing some things around here and got the car all cleaned up after our vacation. Salt spray and bug guts are gone now.

BeyB goes back to school tomorrow. Boxer and Bloomer have been back for a month already in Georgia.

Next week at this time I will hopefully be coming out of anesthesia and have a "new" knee. I'll keep you all posted on that. Golfer got me a new laptop so I can email and blog and "surf" while I recover.

So for now.... Good-bye Summer, it's been good! Stay safe!

No comments: