Thursday, September 30, 2010

THERE'S THAT TIME WARP AGAIN!

Hey, all!

I have thought about posting a message many times but just haven't gotten to it. Time has just been disappearing around here.

Since my last message things have been moving along. I progressed from the walker to the quad-cane.

Bikini had to go home last Saturday. That was a day early, but the bad weather was moving in and Brief was worried about aircraft safety, so it was the thing to do. She is safely home now and we really appreciate her being here to help us for the week!

I continued with the Monday, Wednesday, Friday visits from the physical therapy guy and he says I am doing well. Tomorrow is his last visit and on Monday I will start out-patient therapy at the Mary Immaculate physical therapy center over at the "Y" where we go. I think the plan is for three times a week. I also have exercises to do on my own twice a day.

The nurse made her last visit today and said I looked good. That's debatable, but I understand what she means. I am completely off the Coumadin now so she did not have to draw blood today.

I saw my doctor on Tuesday and he was pleased. Said he was glad to see me looking and moving as well as I am because it makes him look good too! :) We've adjusted my medications and I'm off the Dilaudid now and trying Advil during the day with a stronger med at bedtime. Sleep is still an issue.

I have moved on to a one-pronged cane now and am getting around the house okay. My incision is looking good and is healing nicely. I am now allowed to try to do anything I feel like doing, including driving. I'm pretty sure I can't get into the Mustang yet, but might try the KIA this weekend.

The weather has been rainy and stormy all week. We needed some of this rain during the summer, spread out over time! There are flood warnings and messes all over. It's supposed to be cleared up for the weekend.

That's about it from here. Just wanted to let you know I'm doing okay. Stay safe!

No comments: