Friday, September 10, 2010

JUST STUFF

Hey, all!

Today was my last day in the office for a while. I have done all I can to make it easier for those who are covering the work. I hope it goes well. And with saying that, I am done worrying about it.

I got a call from my doctor's office this afternoon. Nurse Sarah wanted to remind me of my surgery (like I was going to forget????) And also tell me that they had to move the time to two hours later. So, yea! We don't have to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m.! Golfer was pleased about that.

I have the duffel bag with the brace and cooling unit all tagged and ready. I got the walker out of the back closet and cleaned it up and labeled it. I got the small suitcase out and will pack it over the weekend. I have stopped all medications and other pills (aspirin, vitamins, etc.) except one for the RA. I'm allowed to take it until the day before surgery. Yesterday I had a bad headache and I took the allowed two Tylenol. It helped the headache a little but didn't do much for the increasing joint pains and aches. But I had been told to expect that as I stopped taking the medications, so I'm just dealing with it.

All in all, I'm about ready. Golfer and I went to the "Y" this afternoon to the pool. The weather is lovely here. It's cooled off and is sunny and bright. Walt, our yard guy, came with his crew yesterday and aerated, fertilized and seeded. I went out this afternoon and picked up a few little branches and twigs that were in the yard and grabbed up a couple weeds.

I don't have any big plans for the weekend unless you count going to get groceries and packing my bag. :)

I hope you are all well and happy! Have a good weekend! Stay safe!

No comments: