Wednesday, September 22, 2010

IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD PLAN AT THE TIME...

Hey, all!

I had planned to start doing a daily post as soon as I got home from the hospital. Sorry. That didn't happen!

The surgery went well. I've been learning to deal with pain management and juggling what little energy I seem to have. I have lots of odd bruises. The nurse says my incision is looking good. I came home last Thursday. That afternoon the home health company delivered the continuous motion machine that I use four to six hours a day. They also delivered a chair for me to use in the shower.

On Friday the home nurse came and got things set up with paperwork, ordered supplies (really long band-aids to cover the incision) and checked me over. Later in the day the physical therapist came and went over a page of exercises I do twice a day. The nurse will come twice a week to check me and take blood and the PT people will come three times a week for therapy.

I'm on Dilaudid for pain and Coumadin, the blood thinner. I'm dealing with the side effects of tiredness, light-headedness (just a little of that so far) and some others I won't go into here.

So basically, everyone is telling me that I am doing very well. I haven't had to wear the leg brace since last Friday and am getting around the house with the walker. I have some periods of frustration, but am told that is normal.

Bikini is here this week helping us. Since she works from home she can work from our home just as well. Nurse J has been here as she has been able; her caseload has been busy lately. Golfer has been great. Recovery will take a while, but I'm working on it! I see my surgeon next Tuesday.

I'll try to write again soon. Stay safe!

No comments: